Catholic School Support
Catholic Education Endowment
Your endowment provides a consistent source of financial support in perpetuity for your chosen beneficiary.
By establishing an endowment, you make a permanent investment for your school(s) of choice, with the annual interest from that investment providing ongoing support for a need that you designate.
Many of our elementary and high schools have endowments, and there is an Archdiocese-wide educational endowment that helps many students meet tuition costs so they can have a Catholic education.
An endowment is a great opportunity for you and the school(s) you wish to benefit. You will leave a legacy for future students that will:
- Provide a needed source of revenue for the recipient(s)
- Provide you or your estate the tax benefits that come with making this donation
- Enable you to honor someone through the naming of your endowment
Your gift – alone or combined with the gifts of others – can provide a lasting and much needed source of financial support for your Catholic alma mater, another Catholic school, or for Catholic education across the Archdiocese.
For more information concerning endowments or how you may contribute to an endowment, please contact the Office of Development at (415) 614-5580 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alliance of Mission District Catholic Schools
The Alliance of Mission District Catholic Schools creates a unique collaborative partnership that continues the 150 year tradition of educational excellence in the Archdiocese of San Francisco. The AMDCS educates elementary school students from the rich and diverse cultures of the Mission District. The Alliance welcomes Catholic students and students from a variety of faith traditions.
The Alliance of Mission District Catholic Schools collaborates with pastors, parents, faculty, stakeholders, and the wider community to offer a Catholic elementary school education which responds to the changing spiritual, intellectual, social, artistic, emotional, and physical needs of students — now, and for generations to come.
When you make a financial contribution to your parish, you are making a personal investment in its mission and ministry. In doing so, you join others in your parish family doing the work of the Church by supporting those in your own community and beyond.
There are a number of ways in which you may financially support your parish. They include:
- Cash or check – may be offered during Mass or brought/sent to the parish office
- Stock or other securities - the proceeds go to your parish and may create valuable tax benefits for you
- Planned giving - naming your parish as a beneficiary in your estate leaves a legacy of faith and support for generations to come
- A gift to the Archdiocese Annual Appeal – support those individuals who depend on the ministries and services of the Archdiocese
- Some parishes offer electronic giving, allowing parishioners to give by credit card or electronic transfer. Please contact your parish office to learn what is offered.
Please know that all gifts are greatly appreciated, very beneficial, and will be acknowledged.
Please contact your parish or the Office of Development if you have questions or would like additional information.