There are many ways to give back to the community this holiday season! Here are a few ways to give back through time, talent and treasure.
- Help us host a Thanksgiving meal at a San Francisco County jail, and bring joy to a thankful heart!
Volunteers from parishes, non-profit organizations, or other groups are invited to donate a meal for our incarcerated brothers and sisters, bringing hope, faith, and love to their holiday season. For just $15 you can sponsor a meal for one person.
Thanksgiving Meals Will Be Served To 800 Incarcerated People At San Francisco County Jails. Meals will be served on November 16 & 17, 2022.
- San Francisco Turkey Drive at St. Emydius Catholic Church
This is the 11th annual SF Turkey Drive…let’s help feed the most affected community of San Francisco! Our goal is to PROVIDE MEALS WITH A SMILE to the diners at St. Anthony’s Dining Room. This Tenderloin kitchen is sometimes the last place for a meal when hunger strikes.
The SF Turkey Drive is a neighborhood event to give the chance to neighbors in the southern part of San Francisco to help feed the hungry coming to St. Anthony’s. Last year alone, the effort contributed 1392 turkeys (actual and virtual turkeys).
Your donations can be made the following ways:
1. At the drop off site: 350 De Montfort Ave, San Francisco on November 19 and December 17
2. Mail-in: send donations by check (made payable to St Anthony) to:
SF Turkey Drive c/o St Emydius Church
286 Ashton Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94112
3. Online at the SF Turkey Drive website.
- Padua Dining Room Turkey donations
The Padua Dining Room, based in Menlo Park, serves meals six days a week, while also providing clothing and health care options for the community (view current need list). They are gearing up for their Thanksgiving food drive, Christmas food drive and toy drive for the holiday season.
- St. Anne of the Sunset non-perishable food drive
St. Anne’s annual Food Drive is back, starting this Sunday, Nov 6. Please bring non-perishable food donations to the vestibule before or after Mass on Nov. 6 and 13. Donations will go to SF Home on Monday, Nov. 21 in time for Thanksgiving.